Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Limiting Thoughts

Macrobiotics for Life is at the top of my favorite books ever list. It contains everything. Wisdom. Recipes. Comfort. Reassurance. I highly recommend it.

Letting Go of Limiting Thoughts
It's natural to adopt thoughts that can limit our thinking as we grow up. The problem with having a fixed mind is that our options in life become reduced, and our attachment to thought can even prevent us from taking a course of action that would be healing.
Fixed thinking is often centered on thinking in terms of good and bad or right and wrong, and being judgmental. This is not the same as having our own ethics; instead, it's trying to classify things such as food, people, or lifestyles. Fixed thinking can cause us the greatest harm when we develop ideas that we want to become universal truths. Rather than thinking that eating an apple is good for me, it is when I go on to think that eating apples is good for everyone, that it is a universal truth, that I become deluded, lose my honesty, and become disconnected from reality.

Can I get an AMEN?

I love you! Take care of my children's grandmother today!

No comments:

Post a Comment