Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going to the Market

Source: Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo

At first glance, natural foods and organics may seem more expensive than the regular grocery store or conventional produce. Keep in mind you actually get more for your money when buying organic fresh produce, because it's nutrient dense, without any fillers.

I think of it as investing in preventive care. Rather than paying on the back end for treatment of disease, illness and medical bills, I'm actively preventing future illness by being as healthy as possible from the start.

My body is my temple. My body isn't a discount body. Just because something is cheap or free doesn't mean I need to eat it, especially if I know it'll do me more harm than good.

If you're shopping at a grocery store, the rule of thumb is to stay along the outside edges, where all the fresh stuff is. The middle of a store is where products can sit on shelves for a year or more. Fresh is always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment