Monday, March 9, 2009

Attention

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. My attention has been captured by the phenomenon that is Facebook. Jennifer and Sarah are on there. I'll have to send you an invite.

I have also found myself fascinated lately with the topics of architecture and decorating, having come across such wonderful witticisms as:

Connect activity areas with views from one place to the next, but don't make the space so undifferentiated that it all looks and feels the same.

Or:

The ancient home was bound to its natural setting; by nature it was externalized, a reflection of its surroundings. The modern was internalized, a personal sanctuary.

This distinction is not between old and new but between house and home. A house is just shelter--four walls and a roof--but home, of course, is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment