Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ace and I cleaned out the refrigerator today. I should have thought to take some pictures of the little Peeshman as he struggled to lift the heavier jars and wispy fennel to the counter. He is such a good kid. Last night at the dinner table I was talking about what a good-tempered easy going child he is.
"Quite different than my previous experience with a child." I said.
Susanne smiled real big.
"Okay, Ace, let me show you what I used to do."
"No, no." I discouraged her.
I don't need that drama. I mean, really. Really.
Anyway, the refrigerator was Disgust-ing. Why do I let it get like that? What's wrong with me??
But now it's done and I'm proud of myself. I keep going to the refrigerator, opening the door and wondering at the clean brightness.
I found two vegetables that were meant to be used at Thanksgiving but ended up sitting out the holiday on the bench: two bulbs of fennel and two parsnips.
I would be guilty of a heinous crime if I allowed these novel vegetables go to waste, so I Googled them.
I am going to make this recipe this afternoon. I'll substitute my leftover No Chicken Broth for the chicken broth and soymilk (maybe mixed with a little cornstarch) for the heavy broth.
I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment